Meet Our Core Staff
- Martin Plumlee, MBA, CPCOwner and FounderMartin is the Owner and CEO for Plumlee & Associates, a Career Partners International Firm. He founded the firm in 2012 and possesses over 14 years of Talent Acquisition, Career Management & Leadership Development expertise, with a significant focus in Search, Consulting and Outplacement. He has worked for global organizations such as General Electric, Johnson & Johnson and Robert Half International.
Martin has a distinguished Army career (14 years and counting, both Active and Reserve) and is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom. He has served in primary leadership roles for over 8 years in his career, from Platoon Leader to Company Commander to Battalion Commander.
He is a native of Nashville and is passionate about his family and the community. Currently, Martin serves on the Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity (Williamson-Maury) and Reboot Combat Recovery, as well as the Tennessee Recruiters Association. His education includes a B.S. in Economics from the US Military Academy at West Point and an MBA in International Business from Tennessee Tech University. He has earned the Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) certification.Read moreRead less
- Michele Knight, SHRM-SCP, PCCDirector of Business DevelopmentAs the Director of Business Development, Michele is responsible for developing our Career Partners International (CPI) talent management business (Executive Onboarding & Coaching, Leadership Development programs and Outplacement/Transition Services). She works with organizational leaders to build talent management solutions that drive organizational performance.
Michele has over 12 years’ experience in executive coaching, speaking and consulting. She has worked with companies of all sizes from start-up to Fortune 50 corporations such as Bridgestone, Xerox, Navistar and MGM.
Michele is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) from the International Coach Federation and has coached over 400 individual clients. She was certified by the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) and as a SHRM-Senior Certified Professional (SCP).Read moreRead less
- Ty CoppingerOutplacement Practice Leader and Senior Career ConsultantTy Coppinger is our Senior Career Consultant for our Outplacement division. Ty has over seven years of expertise in Career Transition and Outplacement Services. He is well-known and respected for his personalized, high-touch approach in dealing with displaced candidates.
Ty is very involved locally with Belmont University. His wife Debbie is the Senior Director of Alumni Relations. Ty is a proud graduate of Auburn University and remains passionate about all things War Eagle!Read moreRead less
- Paul MatthewsExecutive RecruiterPaul has been an Executive Recruiter since 1998. He prides himself in being able to find the “hard to find” candidate. His areas of expertise include Accounting, Finance, Sales, Engineering and Operations.
Paul has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from California State University, Sacramento and is a Certified Internet Recruiter (CIR). When not hard at work recruiting, you will find Paul spending time with his family on their farm in Middle Tennessee or playing drums at one of the local music venues.Read moreRead less
- Ashley KooijmanExecutive RecruiterAshley is an Executive Recruiter, leveraging a strong background in executive level training and coaching with multiple certifications to facilitate high level leadership classes. Before joining Plumlee and Associates, she spent 16 years at Kroger and helped open their Nashville Division Office on the Talent Team in Human Resources. Ashley has a passion for coaching and developing people.
Ashley is a University of Tennessee graduate, holding two Bachelor Degrees in History and Anthropology. When not recruiting, she loves volunteering and getting involved in the community. She also enjoys spending as much time outside as possible rafting, camping, hiking, biking, snowboarding, and cheering on the VOLS during football season.Read moreRead less
- Rodney KennedyAccount ManagerRodney joins Plumlee & Associates as an Account Manager, with over six years of expertise in optimizing organizational processes, quality control, employee development and maximizing business results. With a proven track record in business-to-business marketing and advertising sales, Rodney primarily focuses on assisting clients with talent acquisition needs during organizational growth periods.
Rodney is a United States Army Veteran, having served with the historic 101st Airborne Division as a Flight Operations Non-Commissioned Officer. During his time in service, he was awarded an Afghanistan Campaign Medal for his efforts as a medical evacuation operations sergeant during Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.
A former college scholarship athlete, Rodney received a Master’s of Science degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Cincinnati and a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in History and American Government from Lynn University. He loves spending time with his family, working out, exploring new restaurants and traveling.Read moreRead less
- Melody DeForgeOffice CoordinatorAs the Office Coordinator for Plumlee & Associates, Melody provides administrative and creative support to the team. She has been in the staffing industry for two years providing excellent customer experiences. For our special events, she uses her creative side to develop marketing collateral.
Originally from the Chicago area, Melody received her degree in Jazz Studies from Elmhurst College in the Chicago suburbs. Having been involved in teaching music for 19 years and performing for 24 years, Melody has grown very accustomed to networking and nurturing the one on one relationship building that many seek in the business world, making her an asset to the Plumlee & Associates team.Read moreRead less